Quinn & De Luca, LLC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeNews/ChatSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
This Forum is Currently Under Construction...

Honor Demands Lying and Cheating

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LeftyMike
Board Noob
Board Noob
LeftyMike

Honor Demands Lying and Cheating Empty
PostSubject: Honor Demands Lying and Cheating   Honor Demands Lying and Cheating Empty1/15/2011, 16:23

Lying and cheating in the Arab world is not really a moral matter but a method of safeguarding honor and status, avoiding shame, and at all times exploiting possibilities, for those with the wits for it, deftly and expeditiously to convert shame into honor on their own account and vice versa for their opponents. If honor so demands, lies and cheating may become absolute imperatives.”

“No dishonor attaches to such primary transactions as selling short weight, deceiving anyone about quality, quantity or kind of goods, cheating at gambling, and bearing false witness. The doer of these things is merely quicker off the mark than the next fellow; owing him nothing, he is not to be blamed for taking what he can.”
David Pryce-Jones, “The Closed Circle”[/i],

Honor Demands Lying and Cheating Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSa4scm1_LT98EQ43POhGfYhIvdSRIzWXTy8-PcYRPdrwEsN3Hc0w

Who do the terrorists remind you of? A used car dealer, a gangster, a sheister, a lawyer or maybe your elected officials?
Back to top Go down
onthecasey
Board Noob
Board Noob
onthecasey

PostSubject: Re: Honor Demands Lying and Cheating   Honor Demands Lying and Cheating Empty1/15/2011, 16:29

Reminds me of all of the above!

And what of the Mexican Cartel's association with Islamic terrorists? Why is nothing being said about that? Is El Paso going to be the next Basrah and Houston, God forbid, Fallujah??

On The Case-y
Back to top Go down
LeftyMike
Board Noob
Board Noob
LeftyMike

PostSubject: Re: Honor Demands Lying and Cheating   Honor Demands Lying and Cheating Empty1/15/2011, 16:34

Casey,

You are right.

Mexican lawmakers recently approved reforms to the federal penal code to punish terrorist acts. Significantly, the legislators acknowledged that the definition of terrorism was written in such a way that violent and extortionist acts of cartels could be classified as terrorism. Fundamental differences between organized criminal and terrorist groups exist, but politically characterizing certain cartel acts as terrorism could develop into a more subtle attempt by the Mexican government to dilute public tolerance for cartel activity. If implemented against cartel members, the law could also carry significant implications for U.S. involvement in the drug war.

Read more: Mexico: Rebranding the Cartel Wars | STRATFOR
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Back to top Go down
onthecasey
Board Noob
Board Noob
onthecasey

PostSubject: Re: Honor Demands Lying and Cheating   Honor Demands Lying and Cheating Empty1/15/2011, 16:40

Thank you sir, now please go to Linked In and see our discussion in the US MILITARY INTELLIGENCE AND SECURITY COMMAND Group
Fred Casey
Back to top Go down
LeftyMike
Board Noob
Board Noob
LeftyMike

PostSubject: Re: Honor Demands Lying and Cheating   Honor Demands Lying and Cheating Empty1/15/2011, 16:45

Anyone interested in Mexican politics and the cartel wars and how it currently affects the USA and what the implications are for the future, ask me. I have recently spent three (3) weeks there undercover, under-fire and under-supported by any of the "authorities" vested with the responsibility of keeping both country's citizens safe. Mexico has 11,000 dead in the last two years. The toll is rising. I fear the carnage will spill over the border and soon our body count will make the madman in Arizona's exploit pale in comparison to this real and present danger. What are we to wait for the new ghost towns of El Paso and Amarillo?
Back to top Go down
WillSilvera
Board Noob
Board Noob
WillSilvera

PostSubject: Re: Honor Demands Lying and Cheating   Honor Demands Lying and Cheating Empty1/15/2011, 18:26

As a person of Mexican ancestry, you can imagine my concern over the events in the country my parents came from and where I still have relatives and spent many happy times visiting.

I believe a joint task-force of Mexican and US military advisors with expertise in counter insurgency will go a long way to alleviating the problem. The most important thing, I believe, is to stem the tide so that Mexico does not become a repeat of Colombia in the early 90s.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Honor Demands Lying and Cheating   Honor Demands Lying and Cheating Empty

Back to top Go down

Honor Demands Lying and Cheating
Page 1 of 1